Rájec-Jestřebí is known as the town of dahlias and camellias. The Langr garden centre is engaged in the cultivation of dahlias, and visitors to the town can admire them in the late summer on free walks around the Langr garden centre and at the annual flower show at the chateau. Rare camellias are tended by the gardeners at the chateau, and are put on show at the chateau at the turn of February and March every year.
The town provides a wide range of important tourist services, such as restaurants and accommodation, a bicycle shop and servicing centre, and an information centre.
THE RÁJEC NAD SVITAVOU STATE CHATEAU
An extremely valuable complex in architectural terms with luxurious interiors. The small castle in Rájec was converted into a Renaissance chateau in 1570 by Bernart Drnovský of Drnovice. The Roggendorfs were other important owners of the chateau. The chateau was destroyed in a fire in 1756. Shortly afterwards, in 1763, the Roggendorfs sold the Rájec estate to the Salm family. The Salms had a Classicist chateau built here in the French style, inspired by the architecture of the age of Louis XVI, in the years 1763–1769.
There is a period exhibition featuring a number of large halls in the interior. The Salm family picture collection on the first floor of the chateau, dominated by paintings by the Dutch and Flemish masters, is extremely valuable. The large Empire library with more than sixty thousand volumes is also famous. The chateau is set in an English landscaped garden established in 1767. Annual flower shows in the charming chateau interiors have become something of a tradition, with camellia flowers at the end of February and dahlias at the end of the summer. Night tours of the chateau have become extremely popular.
All Saints’ Church
The first record of the parish dates back to 1350. In 1699, Kristian Roggendorf had the church built in its present form from an original chapel above the family crypt. The crypt has been preserved to this day. A number of restored tombstones are on display in the chateau chapel. The church is found in the square in Rájec-Jestřebí.